Saturday, March 12, 2011

The New Starbucks Cocoa Cappuccino

REVIEW


This article was taken at http://www.redeyechicago.com





It's the milk, and I'm happy to say that, at least in the cup I had, Starbucks got it right. Order a mocha if you want a lot of milk and whipped cream. Order a cocoa cappuccino if you want the taste of chocolate but a strong espresso flavor. Remember: mochas and lattes are about steamed milk. Cappuccinos are and should always be about the perfect combination of espresso and foamed milk. Order it dry (aka less milk) for an even stronger experience. At 120 calories for a tall (12 oz) nonfat, it's a great way to get your chocolate fix.

Starbucks says it will also make your cocoa cappuccino iced. I'll save that for some warmer weather. In my experience, an iced cappuccino has always been another word for an iced latte - foam and ice don't usually mix. But if I absolutely must sample another chocolately coffee drink (sigh!) I'm willing to give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment